North Korea's Kim Jong Un to watch Beijing military parade alongside Putin and Xi JinpingNew Foto - North Korea's Kim Jong Un to watch Beijing military parade alongside Putin and Xi Jinping

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean leaderKim Jong Unis heading to Beijing by train on Tuesday to attend a military parade with his Chinese and Russian counterparts, North Korea's state media reported. The event could demonstrate their potentialthree-way unityagainst the United States. Kim and Russian PresidentVladimir Putinare amongthe 26 world leaderswho'll join Chinese PresidentXi Jinpingto watch Wednesday's massive military parade in Beijing that commemorates the 80th anniversary of the end of World War II and China's fight against Japan's wartime aggressions. While the event would mark Kim's first attendance of a major multilateral event duringhis 14-year rule,it would also be the first time for Kim, Xi and Putin, all key challengers of the U.S., to gather at the same venue. None of the leaders have confirmed a private trilateral meeting. The North's official Korean Central News Agency reported early Tuesday that Kim left Pyongyang for Beijing by his special train on Monday to participate in the celebrations. KCNA, citing Foreign Ministry official Kim Chon Il, said that Kim Jong Un was traveling with top officials including Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui. South Korean media reported Kim's train was expected to arrive in Beijing on Tuesday after confirming its arrival in the Chinese border city of Dandong on Monday night. Kim's travel marks his first visit to China since 2019 and the fifth visit in total since he inherited power upon his father's death in late 2011. Putin arrived in China on Sunday to attend theShanghai Cooperation Organization, a regional summit, as well as the Beijing parade. Kremlin Aide Yuri Ushakov told Russia's TASS news agency on Sunday that a meeting with Kim on the sidelines was "under consideration." North Korea observers are paying keen attention to Kim possibly meeting Xi bilaterally as well and holding even a trilateral meeting with Xi and Putin. The three leaders have met bilaterally previously but have yet to hold a trilateral meeting. North Korea's foreign policy priority has been Russia in recent years as it has been supplying troops and ammunition tosupport Russia's waragainst Ukraine in exchange for economic and military assistance. North Korea's relations with Russia have reportedly turned cool in recent years, but experts say Kim likely hopes to restore ties as China is North Korea's biggest trading partner and aid benefactor and he would want to brace for the end of the Russia-Ukraine war. Since aligning with Russia, North Korea has become more vocal in international affairs beyond the Korean Peninsula, issuing diplomatic statements on conflicts in the Middle East and in the Taiwan Strait, while portraying itself as a part of a united front against Washington. Some experts say Kim's presence at the multilateral event in Beijing is part of efforts to develop partnerships with other nations close to China and Russia. Kim's trip comes asPresident Donald Trumpand new liberal South Korean PresidentLee Jae Myunghave repeatedly expressed their hopes to restart talks with North Korea. North Korea has been shunning talks with the U.S. and South Korea since Kim's earlier round ofdiplomacy with Trumpcollapsed in 2019 after Trump rejected Kim's demands for major sanctions relief in exchange for partial steps toward denuclearization. __ Associated Press writer Kim Tong-hyung contributed to this report.

North Korea's Kim Jong Un to watch Beijing military parade alongside Putin and Xi Jinping

North Korea's Kim Jong Un to watch Beijing military parade alongside Putin and Xi Jinping SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean leaderK...
2 adults dead, 7 children injured in ATV accident in AlabamaNew Foto - 2 adults dead, 7 children injured in ATV accident in Alabama

Two adults were killed and seven children were injured, including one as young as 1 year old, in an all-terrain vehicle crash over the weekend at an off-roading park in Alabama, authorities said. None of the occupants was wearing proper restraints or harnesses while riding in the vehicle, which crashed in a remote section of the park. The side-by-side RZR, an ATV model, crowded with nine people, hit another ATV on Saturday, overturned and crashed into a tree at Indian Mountain ATV Park in Piedmont, Cherokee County Emergency Management Agency Director Shawn Rogers said during a news conference Sunday. The male driver was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene. Cherokee County Sheriff Jeff Shaver said it appears the deceased driver was operating the ATV at a high rate of speed when it hit the other vehicle, whose driver tried to avoid the collision. Both Rogers and Shaver were among the county officials who emphasized how important it is to adhere to relevant safety protocols in any vehicle, like wearing restraints and carrying the correct number of people, in the aftermath of the crash. "This is a tragic accident and highlights the importance of operating RZRs and other recreational vehicles in a safe and responsible manner," Shaver said. The sheriff's office is awaiting toxicology results to determine whether alcohol played a factor. It's illegal to possess alcohol outside municipalities in Cherokee County, which has been dry since the Prohibition era a century ago. The location of the crash was remote, Cherokee County officials said, making it challenging to access for first responders and requiring staff at the ATV park to escort emergency crews to the site. Four medical helicopters took an adult female and three children to trauma centers in Birmingham. The woman later died from her injuries, officials said. Ambulances took the other four children to a hospital in Rome, Georgia. Rogers said officials have been told not one of the nine in the ATV was harnessed or restrained. "'I'm sure that it's not recommended to have nine people, especially young children, in a RZR not using safety harnesses," Shaver said. "There's nothing that says that everybody that gets in a side-by-side has to restrained," Rogers said. "That's one of those things that personal responsibility has to be taken, to ensure your own safety and the safety of those that's in your care." The children injured ranged in age from 1 to 12 years old. Cherokee County Coroner Paul McDonald said in a text to The Associated Press Sunday that the man who died was the father of all seven children and that the woman was the mother of three of the children. All the victims were from Georgia, according to McDonald. "Scenes like this are always difficult, especially when they involve children," the coroner said in a statement. "Please do everything you can to ensure the safety of yourself and those around you." No identities have been released pending family notifications. Rogers said officials did not know the medical status of any of the children or have updates on their conditions. The two people in the other ATV were not injured and tried to render aid, Shaver said. The accident site was in a remote location inside the park and was difficult to access. Staff at the ATV park, located about 75 miles northeast of Birmingham, had to escort medical personnel to the scene. The sheriff's office is leading the investigation into the accident with assistance from McDonald's office. Indian Mountain ATV Park says on its website that at just over 7 square miles in the Appalachian Mountain range, it's one of the largest private off-road parks in the South. A woman who answered the phone at the park on Sunday said officials were meeting with counsel and may release a statement later. "Portrait of a person who's not there": Documenting the bedrooms of school shooting victims Passage: In memoriam Dr. Sanjay Gupta on the mysteries of chronic pain

2 adults dead, 7 children injured in ATV accident in Alabama

2 adults dead, 7 children injured in ATV accident in Alabama Two adults were killed and seven children were injured, including one as young ...
Army football player and father rescue man from burning carNew Foto - Army football player and father rescue man from burning car

A college football player and his father made a lifesaving play over the weekend when their family drove by a fiery car wreck in upstate New York. Larry Pickett Jr., asafety for the U.S. Military Academy's football team, and his father pulled a man out of his car as flames were burning the white sedan, according to video posted to social media by his father. Larry Pickett Sr. credited his son for the save in a post on Instagram, though they both appeared to have carried the man. "Just after Midnight, I watched in awe as my son, Larry Pickett Jr., ran toward a burning vehicle, ignoring the downed power lines crackling around it," he wrote on Sunday. "With immense courage, he pulled a man to safety, saving him from a fiery fate." The Fort Montgomery Fire Departmentposted images of the scene to Facebook on Sunday, saying it responded to an accident where a car "struck a utility pole and became fully engulfed in flames." The family was driving back to West Point following a family dinner on Saturday night in New York City, according to The Associated Press. They were in town to watch the first Army football game of the season, a loss against Tarleton State. Video shared by the family shows a car crashed into a tree on the side of a road. A thin wooden pole, possibly the utility pole, appeared to have crushed the top of the car. The video picked up as the two men pull the man inside the white car out of the driver's seat. One takes the man's legs and the other grabs under his arms as they carry the man hurriedly across the street. "Larry, come on, get him out," a woman says in the video. One of the two men then ran into the street trying to stop other cars from passing through the street, warning them of a downed power line. The driver was conscious later in the video as the men asked him questions. He said he hadn't had any alcohol or medication prior to the crash. He was also seemingly disoriented, in disbelief that the car that crashed was his vehicle. "I was driving normally, all of a sudden boom, I'm here," the driver said, asking the men what happened as an officer approached. Later in the video, Larry Pickett Jr. says that there was someone on the side of the road when the family stopped but he thinks they didn't go closer because of the power line. He added that he was just grateful they were able to get him out of the car. "Cause that coulda gone totally different for him," he said. "So, just thankful honestly. That could have been really bad for him and his family." Larry Pickett Sr. credited the military academy for his son's act of bravery. "This is more than a display of leadership; it's a testament to the character West Point is building in him — a readiness to go into the line of fire, not just for his country, but for anyone who needs it," he wrote. The school shared a post to its social media commending its cadet for his quick thinking that night. The academy said it was proud of his "heroic actions." "Running towards danger to save lives is the embodiment of the Army Values and Warrior Ethos," the post said. Head Coach Jeff Monken wrote in a post on X that his actions embodied "courage, selflessness, and a willingness to put others before themselves." "In that critical moment, he didn't think of himself, only of helping another person in need," Monken wrote. "We are incredibly proud of Larry for the way he represented his family, our Army Football brotherhood, and the values of West Point."

Army football player and father rescue man from burning car

Army football player and father rescue man from burning car A college football player and his father made a lifesaving play over the weekend...
Jacob Elordi Seen in Heated Exchange With 2025 Venice Film Festival Red Carpet OfficialNew Foto - Jacob Elordi Seen in Heated Exchange With 2025 Venice Film Festival Red Carpet Official

Jacob Elordishared heated words with a 2025 Venice Film Festival official. Filmed by an onlooker who shared footage of the moment viaTikTokon Sunday, August 31, Elordi, 28, was greeting fans at the world premiere of his upcoming filmFrankensteinone day prior when the exchange took place. The video begins with theSaltburnstar speaking directly and closely to a man described by the social media poster as a "bodyguard" before Elordi was seen moving closer to the fans to interact with them. "I'm going to take a picture right here," he then told the festival staff member. He was then seen posing for a photo with several of the fans before addressing the official once again. Jacob Elordi Is Under Police Investigation in Australia After Alleged Altercation With Radio Producer "Don't ever tell me what to do," the video captured Elordi telling the man. Us Weeklyhas reached out to a representative for Elordi for comment. The user who posted the clip didn't let Elordi's tense interaction ruin their meet-and-greet, captioning the video, "And he was so nice, took photo[s] with everyone he can, he is so sexy and nice." An article published byPeopleon Sunday reported that the actor was "moved to tears" during the Venice Film Festival screening ofFrankenstein, which received a standing ovation that lasted 13 minutes, per a report published byVarietyearlier that day. Jacob Elordi Was 'Really Excited' Reading the 'Saltburn' Bathtub Scene: It Pushes 'Boundaries' In the modern interpretation ofMary Shelley's 1818 novel, Elordi portrays the notorious scientist's monster oppositeOscar Isaac, who plays Victor Frankenstein. PerVariety's reporting, the standing ovation served as "the longest of the festival so far." This is not the first time Elordi has publicly clashed with an official while undertaking promotional duties. In February 2024, Elordiwas investigatedin Australia after a radio producer claimed the actor pushed him and put his hands on the producer's throat. The producer shared his version of events on The Kyle & Jackie O radio program on February 5, 2024, detailing that he was in a Sydney hotel two days prior when he approached the actor with a camera to ask if he could have some bathwater, referencing Elordi's controversialSaltburnscene. Jacob Elordi Wants to Know Who's Profiting Off His Bathwater Candles: 'Where's My Money?' The intended prank allegedly hit a nerve with Elordi, who asked the producer to stop filming, which is when the altercation allegedly became heated. The producer said on the radio show, "[I said] I refused to [fully delete the footage immediately] because I feel uncomfortable right now and this is the only evidence [of the encounter] and then Jacob kind of just flips his hands and pushes me against the wall and his hands are on my throat." New South Wales police toldVarietyat the time that they had conducted investigations into the incident. "Officers attached to Eastern Beaches Police Area Command are investigating after a man was allegedly assaulted outside a hotel in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. Police were told about 3.30pm on Saturday 3 February 2024, a 32-year-old man was allegedly assaulted by a 26-year-old man. The man did not sustain any injuries," a statement shared with the outlet read. Elordi did not publicly comment on the ordeal.

Jacob Elordi Seen in Heated Exchange With 2025 Venice Film Festival Red Carpet Official

Jacob Elordi Seen in Heated Exchange With 2025 Venice Film Festival Red Carpet Official Jacob Elordishared heated words with a 2025 Venice F...
Psychiatrist's message for hostile "The Summer I Turned Pretty" fans

The debate over who the main character in creator Jenny Han's "The Summer I Turned Pretty" should end up with is heating up as the final episodes of the third season approach – but fan enthusiasm is starting to spill into hostility. Prime Video's hit romance series has captivated audiences as it follows Isabel "Belly" Conklin who finds herself in a love triangle with brothers Jeremiah and Conrad Fisher competing for her attention. Passionate fans have broken off into two dueling camps: #TeamJeremiah versus #TeamConrad. And they're taking to social media to battle over which love interest should ultimately win Belly's heart. But some of these so-called fans are turning on the actors themselves. Last month, actors Christopher Briney (Conrad) and Gavin Casalegno (Jeremiah)told "CBS Mornings"they often have to remind fans that they're just playing a role. "It's a story that people can relate to and love. Yeah, we're just grateful that people are passionate about the story we're telling," Casalegno said. Briney added, "You root for both of these characters at times." Lola Tung, who plays Belly, also admitted the rivalry gets a bit too intense at times. "When people have an attachment to the characters, they want to see it come together at the end. I'm so grateful that they care so much, but people get a little scary about it. Please don't threaten to kill someone if something doesn't go your way — I promise you, it's not that serious," shetold Teen Vogue. "There is a line between fiction and reality" Last week, Prime Video launched a social media campaign called, "The Summer We Started Acting Normal Online," urging viewers to keep the conversation kind and highlighted its zero tolerance policy for bullying and hate speech. "The show isn't real but the people playing the characters are," Prime Video wrote. View this post on Instagram A post shared by The Summer I Turned Pretty (@thesummeriturnedpretty) Board-certified psychiatrist and author Sue Varma said she is "blown away" that a network had to step in and tell fans to simmer down and the show is fiction. Varma says fans' emotional attachment may point to a larger societal problem. "There is a line between fiction and reality. And I feel as if these lines are becoming really blurred when people are projecting their anger, their hatred, their harassment and resentment onto fictional characters," she said. Varma said this indicates that there is perhaps a "deep void in our society right now" with people longing for human connection. She explained these fan behaviors are a sign of a psychological phenomenon known as parasocial relationships – or one-sided bonds with media figures. Varma adds the anonymity of social media emboldens fans to exhibit bad behavior. "Portrait of a person who's not there": Documenting the bedrooms of school shooting victims Passage: In memoriam Dr. Sanjay Gupta on the mysteries of chronic pain

Psychiatrist's message for hostile "The Summer I Turned Pretty" fans

Psychiatrist's message for hostile "The Summer I Turned Pretty" fans The debate over who the main character in creator Jenny H...

 

KOS JRNL © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com